- To collect, preserve, multiply and propagate our native bio diversified native seed varieties among farmers and home gardeners.
- To bring back and popularize our native vegetables and crops varieties to local markets which are at present dominated with hybrids and GMO.
- To create awareness about low cost, natural, healthy, alternative buildings built using locally available building materials from natural resources.
“Like there is a temple in every village today, having a seed bank for native seeds is a necessity today to regain our Seed Sovereignty and our Cultural Heritage.”
About the project:
The community seed bank’s built-up area is 1380sq ft and will be made from 100% natural building materials. Indigenous seed storage methods and techniques will be used for seed preservation. It is to be constructed in an acre of organic farmland which is dedicated for cultivating and production of open pollinated native vegetable and crops varieties.
- Project built Area: 1340 sq ft
- Current Project Status: Completed and Inaugurated on Feb 2020
For further queries:
Please call us at +91-8660974096 or email us in [email protected]