- The seeds are used to treat diseases of blood and mouth sores.
- Oil extracted from the seeds is mixed with milk and sugar and used as tonic.
- The plant has immense medicinal value in stomach related problems.
- In case of over consumption fever, hip, and leg pain will come.
- This plant is not advisable for pregnant ladies.
Cooking combination: You can either cook the plant separately or with other greens such as thoyya
and kanan keerai.
Eating combination: Finger millet ball, Finger millet porridge.